Monday, 25 March 2013
Sunday, 6 January 2013
Sunday, 30 December 2012
This is the way I've been doing it for years. I never post it before, thinking that, with all those handy tools, I have nothing to share about. But, I was asked to explain my way of cutting strips...So, for all of you who can't get precut paper or just want to see how it works...Here is a little tutorial as my due to all fellow quillers...
1. Drafting table; it's classic drafting table with ruler who can easily move up and down with a great precision, changing its angle.
2. Thanks to my neighbor Peter who supplies me with stainless steel. metal sheet, I place it under the ruler.
3. Place a paper, align it with ruler.
4. Move the ruler to the left as much as you prefer ( I use 2 and 3mm strips ). Use scalpel for cutting. Repeat it many, many times :)
5. I also use my drifting table for making base for cards and envelops. Since I don't have standard card size, I always need different size of envelops. I make them by myself because I love to have them in the same color as my cards. One part of paper I cut with scalpel and the other one fold with scissors.
9. Sometimes I need perforator. The best way is to place it close to the ruler and move that little red thing...
1. Again, it's standard guillotine but it was useless till my guys fixed.
4. One the limiters are on their places, put a sheet of paper close to limiters, press plastic and cut it.
Saturday, 22 December 2012
Нове новогодишње честитке.
Ово је већ пета година како припремам новогодишње честитке и није баш лако пронаћи нове мотиве јер је избор прилично сужен. Ове године сам се, опет, одлучила за, по многима, јако атрактивне гранчице. Први пут сам их видјела код Нели и много је занимљиво да се праве, а јако су лијепе, као што рекох.
Одлучила сам се и за Сњешка Бијелића, овај пут сам му, умјесто црвеног шала додала метлицу. Свако слово сам радила печатима, сијекла у коцкице, сјенчила мастилом... Мало сам ћошкове искривила иглом, да разбијем монотонију, поставила сваки на самољепиву, пунију, траку да се слова мало одигну од подлоге и под правим свјетлом бацају лијепу сјену. Намјерно сам покушала да разбацам слова по подлози, мислим да је ефекат бољи од строгог, праволинијског распореда.
А што се тиче саме подлоге...
Много волим да радим ове честитке које могу да се поставе на два начина. Такав рад захтијева мало више времена али то питање уложеног ( не потрошеног ) времена никада није било пресудно. Папир има лијепу текстуру, што му даје посебну драж. Углавном, много сам ужива правећи их, све мојом руком, од самог почетка до краја. Потпуно су ручни рад и свака сљедећа честитка се по неком детаљу разликује од претходне.
Monday, 26 November 2012
Wednesday, 21 November 2012
Saturday, 20 October 2012
I made this card, 15*15cm, some time ago for Sonja's brother who has finished his studies at Belgrade University Faculty of Mechanical Engineering. So, I didn't want to post it earlier, before recipient has it but made a mistake and I uploaded it on Facebook, thinking he wont see it. Thanks to Internet now days you can't hide stuff like you used to. Somehow, he saw this photo and, of course, figured it out that it was meant to him. So much of surprise!
And another thing: I have to make it clear that this is not my design. It's official logo of Belgrade University Faculty of Mechanical Engineering.
I tried to find out who made it but had no luck. I'll let you know as soon as possible. So, I hope this is going to be a promotion of his/hers/theirs great graphic design ( letters are beautiful ). It made it harder to quill but looks so nice.
Till next card, stay well!!!
Thursday, 20 September 2012
Wednesday, 19 September 2012
Monday, 10 September 2012
Some time ago, Miss Sonja, wanted me to quill her specific card, for a specific occasion. This time, she mailed me a photo with a request to make a card that doesn't belong to me. When I saw the photo, my first reaction was:" Oh, I know her, that's Iza!". I visit her blog so often, follow her work ( recently more and more on her Facebook page as well ), I know her quilling and feel like I know her in person.
So, I have to thank Iza from Szalonaisa's Wonderland who gave me permission to use her lovely design and change it a bit. Later, when the card was already done, I was faced the fact that I didn't change it much!!! You can see it on her Facebook page. That just proofs how strong influence she has on me. I love the style that Iza, Cheryl and Sandy cherish. They have great sense of humor and their cards always put a smile on my face.
It became a practice - I had no time for proper shots but the good news is that in person looks much,
much better, not so dark. And, the recipient loved it. Yesterday was their anniversary so I'm posting it now and wish them all the luck in the world!
In my version, this is a dog and a cat :) It had to be rottweiler and a kitty with one white whisker
( thankfully to another fellow quiller Pritesh, I learned a new word :) )! Iza's original design is with two cats, lovely card.